This is a fun and easy activity to do with children of all ages.
- Large pine cone
- Peanut butter
- Paper plate or aluminum foil
- String, ribbon, or thin wire
- Attach string to the top of the pine cone and wrap it tightly.
- Use spoon to spread peanut butter on pine cone; don’t forget the hard to reach places.
- Pour birdseed onto plate; roll and press seed on pine cone until well covered.
- Optional: tie a bow to the top of pine cone for extra flair.
- Hang it from a tree where you can see the birds enjoying your treat.